We are looking for an experienced Nursery Practitioner to join our friendly team in September.
Your role will be to help us provide a safe and stimulating environment where children can explore and learn through their interests and competence. As an excellent communicator, you will need to be versatile, with energy and initiative and be willing to familiarise yourself with a range of ideas about how to study and understand early childhood.
This is an ideal position for someone who values a strong partnership with parents and the outdoor environment as essential for children’s learning and well being.
A Level 3 qualification or above is essential for this role. Candidates with or who are working towards a degree are likely to be preferred.
Hours: 20 hours per week
Salary: £20,000-21,000 pro rata, according to experience and qualifications.
SCOPE OF POSITION
To work as a member of the nursery team in ensuring all children attending Grasshoppers receive high quality care and education, are kept safe at all times and receive rich and stimulating play experiences which meet their individual interests and learning styles.
CHILDCARE AND EDUCATION
- Provide and maintain high standards in all areas within the nursery environment, including resources and experiences offered to children
- Observe and support children’s learning
- Plan appropriately according to the EYFS curriculum guidance
- Maintain accurate children’s records
- Work in partnership with parents/carers and other family members
- Demonstrate good practice with regard to special needs and inclusion
- Ensure that children are kept safe at all times
- Follow child protection procedures
- Work with area SENCO, EYFS advisors and health professionals as appropriate
- Keep up to date with developments in childcare and education policy and practice
- Be a key person carrying out all related responsibilities in building relationships with children and their families
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Undertake a shared responsibility for health, safety and cleanliness throughout the nursery
- Ensure the general tidiness and cleanliness of children at all times
- Adhere to health and safety procedures
- Take responsibility for knowing all emergency and safety procedures
- Be aware of how to carry out risk assessments and checks
- Work with the manager and other members of staff during inspections by regulatory bodies and assist in the implementation of any recommendations
- Undertake further training and professional development as required
- Work as a team with other staff members
- Support and mentor students on placement
- Be responsible for participating in all self-development activities including appraisals and supervision
- Undertake any other duties as reasonably requested by line management
- Adhere to all Grasshoppers policies and procedures
- Ensure that policies on diversity and equal opportunity are adhered to
Please email email@example.com for an application form. The closing date for applications is Friday 6th July.